Saturday, May 3, 2008

Looking Forward to a True Revival

Tomorrow we begin a series of revival meetings. However, I am uncomfortable with that title, since we cannot schedule revival, true revival is a sovereign work of God. I believe that revival needs to be defined, I believe that revival is an outpouring of the Spirit where the people of God are renewed in their passion for Jesus and in their commitment to serve and please Him. So when we schedule a "revival" what I hope we mean is that we are scheduling a series of worship services in the hope that God might pour out His Spirit in power to renew His covenant people. This is indeed my intention, prayer, and hope.

So let us pray for Shawn Bruce, that he would come and be blessed to preach the word of God in power, let us pray that we will see the outpouring of the Spirit, and that it would spill out beyond the bounds of our church and that we would see a real turning to God in our community and may we have the joy in being used by God in the process.

5 comments:

Jamie Fugate said...

John, I would love for you to comment here knowing your long-time study of revival.

Anonymous said...

My prayer is that our church will experience a meaningful revival. As Brother Shawn preaches God's Word, I pray I will allow the message to penetrate my heart and apply it to my life so I will be a more useful servant to my Savior. Jenny

Jamie Fugate said...

Jenny I beleive that you pointed to something absolutely vital. That we be a people that not only hears the preaching fo the Word but also strives apply the Word to the way we live and serve God in this world. Thanks for commenting Jenny.

Love in Christ - Jamie

Anonymous said...

I believe that the Lord is already blessing us with a "true" revival!! In just 2 services I have truly felt the presence of GOD!! I feel the Lord working in big ways in my own life and in our church!!!

Jamie Fugate said...

I would say that I also see some encouraging signs. With your future brother-in-law going public with his new faith and some old faces reappearing it was a very encouraging day. Let's pray that it continues throughout the week and builds into the life of our church.